1. In the Videon Web UI, first go to Encoder Control and underneath the "Outputs" section on the left hand side bar, click one of the three RTMP outputs.
2. After selecting a valid Video and Audio Source, select “YouTube” from the dropdown under “Streaming Providers”
3. Click “Login to YouTube” in red below the dropdown
4. A pairing code will be provided. Click "Copy Code"
5. Click the link “Login to Google YouTube (opens in a new window)”
6. Paste your pairing code given by the Videon Web UI in the previous step
7. If your YouTube account does not have Live Streaming enabled, change that setting by going into the “Status and Features” section of YouTube’s Creator Studio. It can be found by first going to the YouTube Live Dashboard at https://www.youtube.com/live_dashboard
8. Once you’ve enabled live streaming, entered the pairing code, and allowed the Videon Appliance access to your Google Account, you can select a stream from the “Streams List” dropdown in the Videon Web UI
9. The final step is to turn on RTMP output and click “Save”
After clicking “Save,” there should be a green phrase to the left of the Save button displaying "Settings Saved." There should be a green check mark to the left of the RTMP output selected. As well, in the upper right-hand corner of the RTMP output screen, there should be displayed "Status: Streaming”.
Note: YouTube has a hard time processing streams with no audio, so make sure you have some sort of audio in your stream!
Congratulations, you are now live streaming to YouTube!
Having issues? Check out this article for YouTube FAQs.
Setting up YouTube with the Generic RTMP interface
- Go to the YouTube Live Dashboard or the specific event you would like to stream to
- Copy the Server URL and Stream key into the URL field on the Videon device with a forward slash (/) in between them, like so: [Server URL]/[Stream key]