The below FAQ should answer most questions that arise regarding V8.3.1 and V8.3.2. If you have other questions that still need to be answered, please contact our support team.
The email notice says “Mandatory”. What if I can’t update until my production/project is over or until I can get there in person to update?
- V8.3.1 is mandatory, providing key security enhancements for Videon devices. Customers who need to remain below V8.3.1 are required to update once circumstances allow.
- V8.3.2 is mandatory, providing key software updating enhancements as well as new features, bug fixes, and improvements past V8.3.2. Customers who need to remain below V8.3.2 are recommended to update once circumstances allow.
When will V8.3.2 be available?
- At time of writing (May 10th, 2022), V8.3.2 will be available in the coming 1-3 weeks.
My device does not have an SD card slot on the front, how do I update to V8.3.2?
- Videon devices without SD card slots are from a discontinued generation of products. In order to get the latest features, newer, more powerful hardware is required. You can upgrade your hardware by contacting the Videon sales team.
Will I need to have internet access when updating my device?
- Yes, as with all Videon products, you need internet access to update.
Will I need an SD card for all future updates?
- Not for any anticipated future updates, but if there is ever a need for a large system update again, you will need an SD card.
Why do I need an SD card to update?
- This is a very large, important update that does not fit on the current memory partition.
Where can I find the release notes for these software versions?
- Release notes can always be found here.