From Cloud Control:
- Navigate to the desired device and select the Configuration tab.
- Select Outputs on the left-hand side of the Device Configuration.
- Select the desired Zixi dropdown.
- Select which video and audio encoder you wish to use for your Zixi stream.
- Enter the Destination Address of the receiving end and a port. The default port is set to 2088. The URL may be an IP and port combination or a host name, depending if the ingest is a Point-to-Point decoder or an online streaming platform.
- The port should match on the sender (Videon device) and receiver (ingest/decoder/server)
- Enter the Stream ID if applicable. Some servers that accept Zixi require Stream IDs to be used in order to ingest multiple Zixi streams at the same port
- Set the Max Latency value
- This value represents the duration of content that is buffered to allow for re-transmission of data (that is how Zixi is reliable). This is not the expected glass-to-glass latency
- The lower the latency, the less reliable. The higher the latency, the more reliable the stream will be
- Set the FEC Overhead (%) (Forward Error Correction) value
- This value represents the reserved/allowed bitrate/bandwidth overhead for FEC packet (re)transmission
- We allow setting up to 50% FEC Percentage value
- Passphrase and encryption settings must be managed directly on the device at this time.
- Select Output Enabled and click Save for your changes to take effect and begin your Zixi stream!
For more information on Zixi, or how to configure from the web UI, click here.