Steps for setting up your LiveEdge® Node:
- Plug an Ethernet cable into both the Videon device and the local network.
- Plug the provided power cord into the Videon device and a power outlet.
- Plug an HDMI or SDI source into the Videon device.
Let it boot!
Allow about a minute for the boot phase to complete after powering on the device
Using the Discovery App
- Install the Discovery Application (click below to download)
Once installed, run the Discovery Application
- Make sure your computer is connected to the same network as the Videon device you wish to connect to.
- Click Open for the device you want to connect to
- For first-time setup, the name of a device is the Serial Number located on the bottom sticker
- Once Open is clicked, you are now connected to the Videon Web Browser Interface, also known as the Videon Web UI!
Other ways to connect
Using LiveEdge® Cloud Control
- Navigate to Devices > All Devices on the Cloud Control platform, if you have an existing account (https://www.videoncloud.com)
- Find your desired Videon device or search for the serial number
- Device IP will display the internal IP address of your Videon device
- Hovering over the Device IP will display the external IP address of your Videon device
- Enter the IP of the Videon device into a web browser URL from a laptop connected on the same network to access the local web UI
Using a USB drive or SD card (formatted to FAT32 file system)
- Once the Videon device is fully booted (30-60 seconds), insert a USB drive or SD card into the Videon device
- Leave the USB or SD in for 20 seconds, then remove
- Insert the USB or SD into your computer
- There should be a file titled "streaming_network_configuration.txt"
- Enter the IP found in that file into a Chrome browser URL
If you know the IP
- Simply enter the IP of the Videon device into a Chrome browser URL