Let it boot!
Allow about a minute for the boot phase to complete after powering on the device
Using the Discovery App
- Install the Discovery Application (click below to download)
- Windows Discovery App (if you are experiencing issues, please be sure Windows is operating on the latest software)
- Mac OS Discovery App (if you are experiencing issues, please see this article)
- Linux 64-bit Discovery App
Once installed, run the Discovery Application
- Make sure your computer is connected to the same network as the Videon device you wish to connect to.
- Click Open for the device you want to connect to
- For first-time setup, the name of a device is the Serial Number located on the bottom sticker
- Once Open is clicked, you are now connected to the Videon Web Browser Interface, also known as the Videon Web UI!
Other ways to connect
Using a USB drive or SD card (formatted to FAT32 file system)
- Once the Videon device is fully booted (30-60 seconds), insert a USB drive or SD card into the Videon device
- Leave the USB or SD in for 20 seconds, then remove
- Insert the USB or SD into your computer
- There should be a file titled "streaming_network_configuration.txt"
- Enter the IP found in that file into a Chrome browser URL
If you know the IP
- Simply enter the IP of the Videon device into a Chrome browser URL
Direct connection to the Videon with a computer
Use Google Chrome
The Videon Web UI has been seen to work on various browsers, but is technically only supported on Google Chrome. For the best experience, use Google Chrome to control to Videon devices.