Setting up a new piece of equipment isn't always easy. Here at Videon, we do our best to make our products as intuitive as possible, but we absolutely understand the need for a concrete set of instructions. Below is a list of steps to take that should get you from opening the box to streaming your event or production easily!
*Please note: For solutions containing multiple Videon devices (i.e. EdgeCaster 2Go flight packs or EdgeCaster Rack), the following process will need to be performed once per device.*
- Register your device: https://www.videonlabs.com/product-registration
- Set up your Videon hardware
- Plug an Ethernet cable into both the Videon device and the local network
- Plug the provided power cord into the Videon device and a power outlet
- Plug an HDMI or SDI source into the Videon device
- Connect to your Videon device
- Make sure your computer is connected to the same network as the Videon device you wish to connect to. Ideally connected via Ethernet cable.
- Install the Discovery Application (click below to download)
- Once installed, run the Discovery Application
- Click Open for the device you want to connect to
- For first-time setup, the name of a device is the Serial Number located on the bottom sticker
- Once Open is clicked, you are now connected to the Videon Web Browser Interface, also known as the Videon Web UI!
- Make sure your device has the latest software. Follow the Videon device update instructions
- Enroll your device in LiveEdge® Cloud Control. Follow the enable Cloud Control instructions
- Stream to wherever you want. There are a number of different streaming methods Videon devices support: