How to use Cloud Control's Graphic Overlay Feature
Graphic Overlay images must be uploaded and managed directly from the device's web UI at this time.
The below steps are an example of how to insert and configure a logo style PNG from Cloud Control into your live video feed using Videon products once the photo has been uploaded to the device:
- Navigate to Configuration -> Inputs
- Select the Enable Graphic Overlay box.
- Select the desired Overlay Position. For this example, we will put the logo in the top right corner, but do so manually to demonstrate all settings. To easily put the logo in the top right corner, we would usually select Top Right Corner.
- For the Scaling section, if you want the uploaded image's aspect ratio to remain unchanged, you can set the Lock Aspect Ratio to Lock to Image Width or Height. We will Lock to Image Width in this example.
- We will set our Image Width to 15%.
- In order to make sure that the logo does not touch the edges, we will need to set the X position to 84% (100% - 15% image width - 1% to stay away from the edge)
- The Y position simply will be set to 1% to take the logo slightly off the top edge
Cloud Control does NOT currently support AV Input Preview. To enable and see input preview, access the device's web UI directly.
- To see a preview of the graphic overlay on the video feed, we simply turn on AV Input Preview, then click Save at the bottom of the page, and all new settings will be applied.
- Based on the settings in this example, it appears our logo shows up nicely! finding the right position for your overlay image may require some fine tuning based on your needs.
- If you ever need help, always feel free to reach out to Videon's support team and they will help get your live production up and running!